Thursday, June 09, 2005

John 1:25-40

25 And they asked him, and said to him, "Why then do you baptize, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the prophet?"

26 John answered them, saying, "I baptize with water; one stands in the midst of you, whom you do not know,

27 the one that will come after me, who is preferred over me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to loosen."

28 These things were done in Bethany, beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29 The next day, seeing Jesus coming to him, he said, "Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world."

30 This is he, of whom I said, 'After me there comes a man, who is preferred over me, because he was before me.

31 And I did not know him, but that he may be made manifest in Israel, therefore have I come baptizing with water.'"

32 And John gave testimony, saying, "I saw the Spirit coming down, as a dove from heaven, and he remained on him.

33 And I did not know him; but he who sent me to baptize with water, said to me, 'He upon whom you will see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, this is he that baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'

34 And I have seen, and have witnessed that this is the Son of God."

35 The next day again John stood, and two of his disciples.

36 And beholding Jesus walking, he said, "Behold the Lamb of God."

37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

38 And Jesus turning, and seeing them following him, said to them, "What do you seek?" They said to him, "Rabbi," (which is translated as Teacher,) "where are you staying?"

39 He said to them, "Come and see." They came, and saw where he was staying, and they stayed with him that day: the hour was about the tenth.

40 And Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was one of the two who had heard of John, and followed him.

1 Comments:

Blogger R.G. said...

Have you given up on the endeavor? Please don't. It is a worthy task.

Rod

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home